Helpful and Easy Roofing Tips
1. Think of your safety first. Without question, nagging and bustling about finding a leak the very moment that it happens is something that might put you in the hospital immediately. Keep in mind that snooping on the roof while it is filled with snow or rice or if it is still raining is not the best method in searching for a leak. Trying to fix it for a while can be pretty dangerous. And if you really want to be certain that it is fixed well, then there is no quick means to achieve it. be sure to wait patiently and carefully for the Mother Nature to give its green light to you.
2. Take extra precautions. Take into consideration that you should expect to have uncomfortable and not safety positions while you are working on the roof. And for this reason, it is highly advisable that you wear rubber sole shoes so as to prevent slipping. In addition, utilize a harness and always look for a person to work with you.
3. Spray the roof. For you not to have a difficult time on looking for the leak, make sure to acquire a garden hose and spray it all over the roof. On the other hand, wait until it is winter time because it is certainly not safe to spray water on the roof while it is still freezing out.
4. Keep the cleanliness of the gutters. One of the most typical places and causes of roof leaks are gutters that are clogged. The moment you fail to keep the gutters clean, this will cause build up of water on the roof once it rains.
5. Avoid dry rot. Dry rot is not related to any kinds of water damage, but it is due to lack of ventilation. If the roof repair should be done on the middle part of the roof, there is a greater chance that the plywood is starting to deteriorate. The roof will eventually loll causing roof shingles to be brittle, crack and later on, leak. Preventing the occurrence of dry rot is consist of ridge vent installation which will only work in the presence of a soffit vent. You must drill by using soffit vents in order to create holes for the cool air to go inside and go in the lower part and push the hot air up and out.
6. Prevent ice from building up. During a winter season, ice will not have a hard time of building up under the roof membrane, gutter as well as shingles. As a result, having a poor ventilation can fix this problem.
More reading: important site